Rutorrent Webui

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The BEST rtorrent webui.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Storage error: [Could not sync chunk: Input/output error]  (Read 2869 times)

ibax

• View Profile
    • Email
Storage error: [Could not sync chunk: Input/output error]
« on: October 11, 2010, 04:51:35 am »

Hello,

I found the following problem. There was an ongoing downloading, but unfortunately it stopped because of this. Did anybody encountered such problem?

[State of tracker]
Storage error: [Could not sync chunk: Input/output error]

[Logs]
[11.10.2010 05:36:01] WebUI started.
[11.10.2010 05:36:03] Web-server can't access settings directory for read/write/execute. ruTorrent can't save own settings. (/usr/share/rutorrent/share/users/wdlxtv/settings)
[11.10.2010 05:36:03] rTorrent's user can't access settings directory for read/write/execute. ruTorrent will not work. (/usr/share/rutorrent/share/users/wdlxtv/settings)
[11.10.2010 05:36:05] Autotools plugin: rTorrent's user can't access php interpreter. Plugin will not work.
[11.10.2010 05:36:05] Retrackers plugin: rTorrent's user can't access php interpreter. Plugin will not work.
[11.10.2010 05:36:05] RSS plugin: rTorrent's user can't access php interpreter. Plugin will not work.
[11.10.2010 05:36:05] Scheduler plugin: rTorrent's user can't access php interpreter. Plugin will not work.
[11.10.2010 05:36:05] Traffic plugin: rTorrent's user can't access php interpreter. Plugin will not work.
[11.10.2010 05:36:05] RSS plugin: rTorrent's user can't access curl program. You will not be able to work with https feeds.
[11.10.2010 05:36:05] Unpack plugin: rTorrent's user can't access unzip program.
[11.10.2010 05:36:05] Unpack plugin: rTorrent's user can't access unrar program.

rascalli

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Storage error: [Could not sync chunk: Input/output error]
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 09:53:35 am »

Looks like you need to give the right permissions to the rtorrent & webserver user

wonslung

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 12:04:39 pm »

check the ownership/permissions on rutorrent/share

i typically leave everything owned by root, and leave all permissions alone EXCEPT this directory, which i chown -R to the webuser

if you are on a debian based system and rutorrent is installed to /var/www/rutorrent this would be
Code: [Select]
chown -R 33.33 /var/www/rutorrent/share/

ibax

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2010, 01:20:33 am »

Hi,

Thanks for your answers. Unfortunately I'm not so familiar with linux, but I can show you my tutorial I went through. I have a WDTVLIVE HD media player, with a new firmware, where rtorrent is included. To make it work, there is a short tutorial:

http://wiki.wdlxtv.com/How_to_use_rTorrent

I made the basic pre-settings, and everything works fine, the torrents are downloading, BUT it happens, that when I check my rtorrent, it does not doing anything, and on the gui the Storage Error is written...

It happened also, that during a movie watching, 1-2 times the HD player had lost contact with the external HDD storage (the movie stopped). Than I had to restart my external HDD storage, than everything worked.

But we can not say, that when this happens, the HDD is not reachable. It is a temporary lost, but after that the HDD is reachable again, I tried it. So when the rtorrent shows this error, I can still reach the external storage (WDTVLIVE has a GUI for its linux, so I can manage it via my pc)...

Can you please describe your ideas in more details, commands? Thanks a lot!

ibax

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2010, 01:22:32 am »

Just a small update...

On the tutorial we can see this: chmod 777 /tmp/mnt/ABC123-XYZ

I made this permission settings (777) to /tmp (and for all the subdirectories). But I think this can not be the origin of the problem.

rascalli

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2010, 07:37:55 am »

On hat How-TO .. there is no mentioning of rutorrent.

So like wonslung said , you are missing something.

So go into SSH , and chmod or chown the rutorrent folder

chmod 777 -R /usr/share/rutorrent/
chown webservername:webservername -R /usr/share/rutorrent/

ibax

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2010, 01:55:15 am »

Hello,

The rTorrent settings are good, because the torrents are downloading. The current situation is the following:
- I have 4 torrents downloading
- only one stopped, because of this "Storage error: [Could not sync chunk: Input/output error]" message
- the other three torrents are downloading continuously
- the folder for the torrents is the same
- chmod 777 is set for the folder

So I think, if there would be a general problem, for example lost connection between the hosting network element (wd tv live) and the usb hdd, than the other torrent files should also stop. Is it right?

So something happens during the downloading in rTorrent, which is not handled correctly. But this is only my opinion...

rascalli

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2010, 05:51:12 am »

Looks like an rtorrent problem to me then.
So I would suggest posting this on their site .. maybe they can help

wonslung

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 09:02:06 pm »

storage errors are typically filesystem or permission issues.

I think you may have made some mistakes on your install...i would look at starting if you can't easily find the issue
Pages: [1]   Go Up